Hi everyone seeing that it’s the Easter weekend let’s hangout and jerk chicken together. The Arawaks who lived in Jamaica centuries ago were excellent chefs so their meat was always tastefully spiced, moist, and tender so we inherited there fashion and ingredients of jerking and it’s really good too!!!
- 1 Tablespoon Ground all spice
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme or tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or fresh cut garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup sauce
- 3/4 cups orange juice
- 1 lime juice
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 6 chicken breasts
Trim excess fat from chicken, put the chicken in a large bowl combine all spice, thyme, Cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, ginger, molasses, garlic powder, and sugar, with a little wine or whiskey, slowly and add Olive oil, soy, sauce, vinegar, orange juice or lime.
Preheat an outdoor grill medium high. Place chicken breasts skin side up on grill grates. Cover cook for approximately 45 minutes. Bring the left over marinade to boil adding some ketchup and serve on side as dipping sauce.
Thanks for reading hope you enjoy this receipe, enjoy your Easter weekend and have an awesome day!♥♥